We know how much the hot sun beats down in Las Vegas, Nevada. The need for window tinting is important and can provide a variety of uses for commercial buildings, residential, and automobiles in the Las Vegas area. Several types of tinting can be used, each with their own unique advantages and disadvantages. From all the variations of tinting available, ceramic window tint is of the highest quality.
A New Standard in Protection
Ceramic film is not only the most reliable and best-performing type of tint, but it is also the newest variety. Traditionally, tints came in the form of metals or dyes, but this newer variety is composed of nonconductive and nonmetallic ceramic nanoparticles. It has several distinct benefits that set it apart from dyed window tint film, metalized film, and even carbon window tint film. The end result is that ceramic window tint is barely visible to the naked eye while also proving the most benefits.
New Benefits for Window Tinting
- Reduction of Solar Heat: Ceramic window tint successfully cuts solar heat by up to 50% through the removal of infrared light, the type of electromagnetic radiation that results in heat. While the heat is cut in half, visible light remains to brighten interiors. The outcome is a cooler interior in summer, which can reduce utility bills.
- Reduction of Electronic Interference: Electronic devices such as GPS equipment, cell phones, and radios remain fully functional and uninterrupted on the inside of ceramic tinted windows. Many metal-based tints can interfere with the functionality of these devices by blocking electronic waves. Ceramic tinting works with today’s modern technology.
- Reduction of Ultraviolet Rays: Ultraviolet light is responsible for sunburn, skin wrinkling, and the development of skin cancer. The ceramic film can remove up to 99% of UV rays from the interior of a building, a house, or car. A reduction in skin damage can have long-term health benefits.
- Reduction of Fragility: Ceramic film can make glass more resilient, resulting in virtually shatterproof windows. Essentially this means that the result of any broken window will only be a cracked window with the shards remaining in place. It also has the benefit of retaining its character for longer periods than earlier tint variations. This reduces replacement and repair costs while maintaining an added sense of safety.
- Reduction in Glare: The nature of glare and unwanted reflection is reduced with ceramic tinting. Light rays are absorbed instead of penetrating glass. This can allow for more productive and less distracting environments.
New Applications for Window Tinting
Ceramic window tinting can have many uses and applications. In commercial buildings, natural light can be moderated to affect workers in a positive way by removing elements that cause glare, excessive heat, and UV rays.
In residences, energy costs can be kept down because ceramic window tinting keeps it cooler in summer and warmer in winter. There is also the added benefit of security—ceramic tinted windows do not shatter.
Window tints on automobiles and watercraft can reduce glare and allow drivers and pilots to keep their focus. Light-absorbent particles absorb the rays that cause squinting and bright reflections. UV rays are prevented from causing damage to the skin on long rides or excursions.
Las Vegas Ceramic Window Tinting
We know how much the hot sun beats down on our city. The need for window tinting in Las Vegas-style requires some expertise; so when it’s time to invest in your business, home, or vehicle, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Total Eclipse. With 15 years of experience and a team of experts at the ready, you’re sure to find the answers to your questions. Call Total Eclipse and schedule a time to get your windows tinted today.